Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teaching Middle School

I really need to start keeping track of these things.

Me: Okay ladies, for a homework grade you need to take your grammar tests home and get them signed by your parents. Bring them to class tomorrow or you will miss homework points!!

Student: (raises her hand) Mrs. J, how many points will we miss when we don't do it?
..............................


Me: Ladies, please work on your assignment! If you don't waste time in class, you won't have homework.

Student: We aren't ladies...
.............................


Student: How many points do I lose if I only do this much of my homework?
............................


Student:  Mrs. J, what's the point of learning this? I am going to forget it after the test anyways. Why don't we just have a free period?
...........................


Me: Please sit down and be quiet so I can take attendance. If you are talking, you will lose class participation points.


Student: (yelling and on a daily basis) OH MY GOSH MRS.J I LOVE YOUR OUTFIT! IS IT FROM ANTHROPOLOGIE? I THINK I HAVE THE SAME DRESS!! YOU ARE SO CUTE!


Me: [To Student] What did I just say about talking? Please listen!


Student: What? I wasn't talking...
.............................

My students just love school. and me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! Ahhh the teenage years. So so special.

Sarah Porter said...

Those cracked me up, thanks for the laugh! Remember our history sub?